Wednesday 5 April 2017

Priestfit



I have just come across this site for priests hoping to keep physically - as well as spiritually - fit. 
Priestfit - they are on Facebook too - a closed group if you want to become a member. I thought it was interesting, as anything that supports priests in their life and ministry is surely a good thing. It's easy to forget that the body is the temple of the soul: Catechism 364. The human body shares in the dignity of "the image of God": it is a human body precisely because it is animated by a spiritual soul, and it is the whole human person that is intended to become, in the body of Christ, a temple of the Spirit.

Since I turned 50 a couple of years ago, I've made more regularised efforts to keep fit. Probably just as well, as our oldest priest in the Archdiocese has only just retired - aged 101. If I'm to keep going that long, I'll need all the help I can get!

Priestfit describe themselves:
Priestfit started from two priests needing encouragement, prayer and support. Today we are building a network of support and casting a vision to Eat Clean, Be Fit, Pray Well. We want to show the power of God’s grace to bring strength amidst weakness. As we’ve noted, priests are sadly dying on the job. Our message is to save lives and strengthen callings.

No comments: